Are you planning to take a trip abroad this fall? Are you preparing to do so with family or friends? If you are, you’re in for the experience of a lifetime!
Here are five ways to prepare for your fall trip abroad:
- Apply for a passport. Once you’ve decided where you’ll travel to, you’ll want to make sure that you give yourself plenty of time for your most important travel document to arrive in the mail. Depending on how many applications are ahead of yours, you could wait weeks for your passport to be delivered. You’ll need it to enter a different country so make sure to make this task a priority.
- Set a budget for your trip. You’ll want to start saving money for your excursion right away. That way, you won’t miss out on any of the opportunities you’ve been looking forward to experiencing. Set up a separate savings account for vacation funds and have them deducted and direct deposited each payday. This ensures that you’ll have all the money you need for your travels.
- Make plans for your household. Ask someone you trust to care for your plants and pets while you’re away. Have them bring in your mail and newspapers, too, so you don’t let the whole neighborhood know that you’re gone on a trip.
- Buy the last few things you need for your travels. After researching your destination, you may discover that some things are hard or impossible to buy in another country. Make sure you have them on hand before you leave so you won’t do without them once the plane lands.
- Reserve your airport shuttle service. Contact High Desert Shuttle with the date, time, and the number of passengers you have going to the airport. Let us know if you need round-trip service or one-way service. We’ll make sure to schedule a ride for you either way.